How to Make it through a 3 Day Juice Cleanse
First things first, cleanses are mostly a mental game because we are so used to mindlessly eating. Remember that you're still getting calories into your body and the whole point of the cleanse is reboot your system. So naturally you're going to feel slightly different (your mind might try to trick you into thinking you're always hungry). Here are some simple ways to make it through a 3 day juice cleanse!
1. Use the buddy system: if you’re anything like me, you need a little extra accountability - grab a friend, family member, or co-worker to keep you going (thank you, Matt!). Do daily check in’s or meet ups (virtual hangouts), it’s super helpful to know you’re not alone in the process and to have someone to share your experiences with.
2. Have a clear schedule & open mindset: if you’re going to do a cleanse, make sure you don’t have any big plans that involve food! Put yourself in a situation that you will succeed and tell yourself you’re going to complete it with confidence. If there is any self-doubt, that is what your buddy is for!
3. Document the process: it doesn’t need to be shared on social media, but write down your experience (how you’re feeling day 1, 2, 3, etc.) Putting thoughts to paper has always been helpful for me and sharing on my IG helped as well. For me, it comes back to staying accountable and sharing that process with you guys.
Other helpful tips:
- pace yourself throughout the day (we did 8:30am, 11:00am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm)
-drink ALL THE WATER
- try to stick to plant based foods after day 3 then slowly incorporate the foods you normally eat if not plant based
- expect a headache if you're a caffeine drinker (me!), it can be tough but it'll get better as the days progress
*If you're not ready for a juice cleanse, Southern Pressed Juicery also has a Whole Balance Cleanse that incorporates juices as well as food - a great option for those unsure about cleansing. See them here!
Hope these simple tips help you stick it out throughout your cleanse or encourage you to try one!
thanks for reading